A few days ago Rebecca of Dorm Room Baker was kind enough to pass along the Dragon’s Loyalty Award to me. As far as I can tell from a bit of internet-sleuthing, this award is meant to recognize bloggers who have been really supportive of other blogs. Being a newbie-blogger in the company of thousands of others can be overwhelming, and finding a few friendly followers is incredibly encouraging – so thank you, Rebecca! I’m impressed with how many culinary concoctions she has whipped up, while living in a dorm no less! My dorms in college didn’t even have kitchens, which was probably a good thing, given the [alarmingly disgusting] state of our communal microwave. Yeesh.
Anyhow, here are the award rules:
1. Display the award certificate on your website.
2. Announce your nomination with a post and link to whoever presented your award.
3. Nominate up to 15 deserving bloggers.
4. Send your nominees a comment to notify them.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
1. While reading a study on regional pronunciation variations, I learned that I apparently pronounce mayonnaise in my own, unique way: neither may-uh-naze with 3 syllables, nor man-aze with 2, but may-naze.
2. I really dislike mayonnaise, and can only stand it in small quantities in egg salads, tuna salads, or potato salads.
3. I was born in the year of the dragon, according to the Chinese zodiac. Yay for dragons!
4. I’m terrible at thinking up things about myself that A) other people will find interesting, and B) aren’t too personal/TMI to share on the internet. Sorry for the cop-out, but if you’d like to read more, I’ll refer you to my recent post regarding the Liebster Award, which has a few more random facts about me!